Splash, Play, and Learn at the Rolling Hills Club Summer Camps
March 22, 2016Posted by pamela |
Looking for a fun camp for your kids this summer? Novato's Rolling Hills Club has been a favorite spot for summer fun for many Marin families for decades, and this season the club offers a full program of exciting and active summer camps for kids ranging in age from 3 to 13. Campers will enjoy plenty of traditional camp activities as well as STEAM based programming. (They'll learn something new every day and not even know it!)
Nestled at the foot of Mt. Burdell, the club's seven-acre campus features two outdoor swimming pools, 12 tennis courts, two racquetball courts, an outdoor sports court, an outdoor playground, grassy fields for outdoor play, and more—making it the ideal place for the perfect summer experience.
Summer camps at Rolling Hills Club for 2016 include:
- Sports & Splash Camp for ages 5–10, features fun weekly themes like "Art Meets Science", "Grossology", "Junk Yard Wars", and "Pirate vs. Ninja". Campers will be divided by age into Rookies (5), All Stars (ages 6 and 7), and Pros (ages 8 to 10), and will play basketball, tennis, soccer, and wild and wacky games. Of course swimming, in the form of free swim or group lessons, is offered every day, too. Campers receive a T-shirt, as well as healthy snacks and lunch each day. Weekly sessions run from June 13–August 12, Monday–Friday, 9 am–4 pm. $320 members/$370 guests per week, or $70/$80 per day for drop-in.
- Sports & Splash Junior Camp is for kids ages 2–5 and features the same themes as the the version for older children. Campers will participate in games, activities, art projects and more. Snacks will be provided, and junior campers will not participate in swimming, although the day will probably end in the baby pool. Campers must be potty trained to participate. Junior Sports & Splash Camp takes place Tuesdays and Thursdays June 13–August 12 from 9 am–1 pm. $50 members/$60 guests per day.
- Bonus Junior Camp for kids ages 2–5 takes place August 15–18 and 22–25 with "Teddy Bear's Picnic" and "Ain't No Bugs on Me". $165 per week members/$185 non-members.
- Junior Tennis Camp introduces kids ages 7–13 to the game of tennis and helps improve their skills. Programs are designed to insure a confidence-building fun time and increase the likelihood that they'll come back and play again. $225 members/$275 guests per week, or $50/$60 per day for drop-in. Junior Tennis Camp takes place Monday–Friday from 9 am–noon, June 13–August 12.
- American Girl Camp takes place June 20, 22, and 24, and is for girls ages 6–10 and their American Girl or other 18-inch dolls. Campers will explore themselves through the characters and stories behind the Felicity, Kirsten, and Samantha dolls and learn history through games, stories, and crafts. Camp includes a tea party on Friday afternoon and pool time. $180 members/$195 guests
- Mighty Girl Spa Camp for ages 7–12 will pamper campers with youth hiking, swimming, hot tubbing, and spa activities and crafts like making scrubs and bath bombs, nail painting, and face mask mixing. It's a great way for pre-teen girls to enjoy their last few days of summer vacation. Spa Day Camp takes place August 1, 3, and 5 and 8, 10, and 12 from 9 am–4 pm. Cost is $180 members/$195 guests per week
- Counselor in Training Program is for kids ages 11–15 who possess a genuine interest in the camping and youth development field and working with younger campers. Applicants must be interviewed with a parent and attend a three-hour training. $200 per week
Extended camp is available daily from 8:30–9 am and 4–6 pm.
For more information or to register, call (415) 897-2185 or visit the club online at www.rollinghillsclub.com. If you register for all nine weeks before March 31, you'll get a 15% discount; register for the entire summer after March 31 and get a 10% refund at the end of the summer! The Rolling Hills Club is located in Novato at 351 San Andreas Drive (off San Marin Drive).
Disclosure: The Rolling Hills Club is a Marin Mommies promotional partner.