Ten Fun Family Things to Do on Thanksgiving Break
November 21, 2016Posted by pamela |
Thanksgiving week is next week, and since most Marin County schools give kids the entire week off, you'll probably be looking for ways to keep them occupied before and after Turkey Day. Here are our top 10 activities for families for Thanksgiving break:
- Go snow sledding in downtown San Rafael at the annual Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland.
- Go ice skating at a Bay Area skating rink like Marin on Ice at Northgate and the Bay Area Discovery Museum's Iceless Skating Rink.
- Get a head start on the holidays at the West End Nursery Christmas House in San Rafael.
- Take a fantastic fall hike with the family.
- Make a cute pumpkin turkey centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Head up to Lake Tahoe for some ski and snow fun (Northstar California opens this weekend!)
- Head down to Asilomar in Pacific Grove for a fall family road trip. Don't forget to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium while you're there.
- Check out 'Tis the Season for Science at the California Academy of Sciences—complete with real live reindeer (opens November 23).
- Take the kiddos on a magical holiday train ride.
- Get your photo taken with Santa at a local shopping center.